Apollo Hospital, Chennai, one of the pioneers of cutting edge Heart Care in India, is today an unparalleled leader in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery and focuses on providing high quality Cardiovascular care to patients.
The commitment of our Cardiologists and Cardiothoracic surgeons to the prevention and treatment of heart disease has led to the achievement of better outcomes and improved quality of life for thousands of cardiac patients who visit us each year, making this hospital the most sought after hospital in India for Bypass surgery and Child heart surgery in India.
Apollo Hospitals is one of the only 10 hospitals in the world to have performed over 1,55,000 Cardiac surgeries, which include complicated Coronary Artery Bypass operations, surgery for all types of valvular heart disease, and infant & Neonatal heart surgery with success rate comparable to the best in the world.
Highlights of Apollo Main Hospital, Greams Road:
- Largest team with 10 Cardiothoracic surgeons & 20 Cardiologists trained at top global centres and accredited internationally, 24x7 coverage
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team of doctors to conduct complex Cardiac surgeries
- Only facility in the country to perform Cardiac robotic surgery regularly
- Specially dedicated cardiac CCU, Cardiothoracic ICU and world class heart and lung transplant ICU
- 4 state-of-the-art cathlabs with latest software for better imaging and lower radiation
- First hospital in the country to get advanced 3D mapping system (carto-3) for complex arrhythmia management
- Complete spectrum of services (from angiogram to complex heart transplant) under one roof
- Group practice in Cardiology leading to continuum of care through consultant collaboration
- Highest number of cardiac procedures & surgeries annually in Tamil Nadu
- Conducted ~2,819 PTCA, 2,974 CABG over the last two years
- Near 100% success rates for PTCA & stenting
- Highest number of primary PTCA for acute heart attack with the best success rates (greater than 98%) & greater than 90% for Cardiogenic shock PCI
- Excellent outcomes for complex PCI using adjunctive imaging (OCT, IVUS), Physiology (FFR) and hardware (Rotablator)
- Well established clinical protocols leading to better clinical outcomes
- Provides streamlined care processes, improved door-to-balloon time and excellent track record surpassing even the set standards of cardiac care